This Blog's Purpose

The purpose of this blog is help people improve their Mind, Body, Soul (relationships) and their Money.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thought for Thursday - I am responsible

Several weeks ago,  I had been struggling with an issue with a close friend. I was very angry about this person not supporting me at times I thought they should and then I was reminded of something I saw on a video by Brian Tracy.




In fact - after thinking about it for a while - I realized that when I really looked back a few years ago that person had supported me until I did something that - if I were put in their same shoes would have caused me to lose my support as well.

I mention this only to say that there are certain times when we feel that someone else was completely at fault for a slight or insult or lack of support and we want nothing more than to put 100% of the blame on this person. However, if we step back and think about it - it turns out that we were likely responsible in at least some small way or even a big way. 


The next time you catch yourself complaining about your circumstances and how hard or difficult your current plight is due to someone's actions or lack thereof - think for a moment about if you are in any way responsible. You might find, like I did, that you are at least partially responsible. 

Take ownership and then move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment