This Blog's Purpose

The purpose of this blog is help people improve their Mind, Body, Soul (relationships) and their Money.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

(TOT) Thought on Thursday - Freedom is not Free

Freedom is not Free

I used to think that this was just a sappy catchphrase. However, as I sit here in coffee shop on this 4th of July. Unable to go home because police and fireman have ordered me into a local coffee shop (one line coffee) due to a potential bomb threat. I realize that maybe it isn't just a catchphrase. 

In one of the wealthiest countries, with a system of government that is the closest thing to a pure democracy, I often take for granted how much freedom I actually do have as an American. 


We constantly cut the services of our police and firefighters but, simultaneously their are still people in the world who would want to harm people they've never met for the sole reason that they don't hold the same beliefs, same skin color or fly the same flag - to name a few. 



It's my sincere hope that someday, in the far far future, policemen will only exist in history books as a reminder of a very immature human species that liked to harm each other. Firefighting duties will be handled by super-smart computers that extinguish threats before they ever become dangerous. Unfortunately that's just a pipe dream today but, it's something worth wishing for. 

All that being said, I hope you had a nice and relaxing Fourth of July Holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment